From beginning to end,
we can help

Running a Limited Company involves a lot of compliance with the Companies Act and there are numerous deadlines to be aware of. From formation and throughout its life, we are here to support you every step of the way.

Formation of the Company

Statutory Books & Records

Shares in the Company

Annual Returns

Company Accounts

Corporation Tax

PAYE for Employers

CIS for Contractors & Sub-Contractors

VAT Returns & Registration



Key Information

Limited Companies

As a limited company you will need to prepare annual accounts for filing at Companies House and HMRC.

The Company will be subject to Corporation Tax on its profits, and will have to submit a CT600 Self- Assessment Corporation Tax Return annually. You will also have to submit an Annual Return to Companies House showing the details of the Directors, Secretaries, and Shareholders of the company each year.

You may have to register for VAT if your turnover exceeds £85,000 in any given 12 month period, accounting for VAT on your sales and purchases and submitting monthly, quarterly or annual VAT returns to HMRC.

If you have employees and/or subcontractors, you will have to account for the tax on any payments made to them either through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) or the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).

Your Company will need to have a Registered Office, we can also provide our address for this service.

All of these services are provided by the team at Emma Pickles Accountants, leaving you with time to concentrate on running a successful company.

Forming the Company

We offer a formation service, once you have decided on your proposed company name.

If it is available, we can form the company for you, providing you with all the statutory paperwork, Incorporation Certificate, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Share Certificates and Statutory Books. We can also register you for Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE at the same time.


Not sure if you are “caught” by IR35, we would be happy to review your contracts and advise you on the best course of action.

All of these services can be taken care of by the team at Emma Pickles Accountants, leaving you free to concentrate on running a successful business.

Latest Insights

Check out our latest Insights for useful accounting tips and information.

Tax if you divorce or separate

Tax if you divorce or separate

If you are a couple that is getting separated or divorced, apart from the emotional stress, there are also tax issues that can have significant implications. Whilst this is unlikely to be uppermost in your mind it is important that the tax

read more
Taxis: what is liable to VAT

Taxis: what is liable to VAT

HMRC sets out specific guidance regarding the application of VAT if you are in the taxi and private hire car trade. VAT Notice 700/25 – How VAT applies to taxis and private hire cars – applies.

Private hire cars include mini-cabs. The notice is

read more